Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Giggle loops

From "Coupling," a giggle loop is the reaction when it's a serious occasion and the worst thing you could do would be to laugh. So you supress it and think, "how bad would it have been had I laughed then?" so it gets worse, and worse and worse...
I'm briefing a squadron in about 45 minutes, so this is slightly preying on my mind.
Meh, to quote the Simpsons.
Not much else to say, this is my last shift down here in Leuchars, got some time off now.
That's about all that's happened, except for going mountain biking in the Trossachs and walking in the hills behind T and C's place - both good fun but knackering. I'm going to have to get much fitter and I've only got a short while to do it. Not sure if I should record progress here, it might help motivate me, or it might expose my obsessive optimism.

No comments: