Monday, January 28, 2008

After a post on my friend Pam's blog I thought I'd post a picture of a cheese cake from the wedding of Sara and Andi:


Okay, the image is on it's side but meh.
Anyway, in case you're wondering, I can't remember which cheeses were included but ye gods it reeked.
The professional photographer had left by this point and hadn't got pictures of the cake so they asked me to take the official cake-of-cheeses pictures (sounds like a Monty Python sketch).

Thinking about it, while I'm sticking photos up I'll put up a couple more images.

This was the road through the Cairngorms before Christmas, it's ice not snow. It was cold (see previous entry for details).


This one is an image of the Falkirk Wheel. It's a solution to the canal in the Forth Clyde valley, rather than put in a series of 20-40 locks that would take something like four hours to navigate they came up with this elegant and beautiful solution. Takes about half an hour to go from the bottom to the top and it's just marvellous.
It's nice to know that engineers in this country can still produce designs that do their job and have grace and beauty. But then again, if you want another British design that's elegant, look at the Milieu viaduct.

No comments: