Sunday, May 28, 2006

Almost a pointless day

Went down to the Castleford Xscape and snowdome thingy earlier. Was offered the chance to do three hours of boarding but at £70 it was a bit much, mainly because the lesson wouldn't have been what I needed. To be honest, if the lesson had started a couple of hours earlier, instead of the three hours wait that was required, I probably would have said "sod it" and gone ahead with the whole thing. As it was I managed to have a good mooch around and got a few things sorted for future visits.
On the way back to the digs, I decided to try and find somewhere to fly my kite for a while, but when I found an area that wasn't full of kids or cows, I couldn't get the bloody kite in the air!!! Ten minutes of trying to solo launch a Stacker 6 in foot high bloody grass! Flying was an hell of a lot easier on the beach at St Andrews! So I decided to bin the day and try again tomorrow.
At Xscape slope time includes kit hire but I'm wondering if it'll be worth getting some decent boots and a board bag and bringing my board and bindings up from the south. Think the best way to find out will be to get some slope time, either at the weekend or, more likely, on one of my night shift days. Book a few days in advance and as long as I'm back for about 1600L, all should be well.
When it comes down to it, it's all a laugh, and as my mate Jai used to say, "every day's a good day."

No comments: