Thursday, January 11, 2007

The point about the hair

Yes there was one. I'm 26. Not very old, but hey. About a year ago I began to notice grey hairs, not many, but definitely some. Now my mate C, he's got the whole "bits of grey in dark hair" thing going on, sometimes called "salt and pepper hair." I've not. Also, for as long as I can remember I've had a bit of a widow's peak with high sides of my forehead. This, and the fact my hair is fine anyway, makes me look somewhat older. (There's other reasons as well but that's not the point.)
Over the Christmas period my brother was taking the micky saying I was going bald, I didn't believe him but while cutting my hair I realised that yes. I am thinning on top.
Arse.
C, and loads of other guys I know, would get a buzz cut and to hell with it. I'm tempted, but it's not a good look on me. Trust me on this. Also, it's not a look that fits the job, and confidence in the forecaster is half the job. Once I actually loose more hair, yeah, I'll get it short and it'll be okay, but at the moment there would be just a patch of fuzzy looking stuff in the middle of the head and not much else.
Also, the same day I found my first grey, my mate Tris, who's six months older than me, was ID'd to buy a lottery ticket.

No comments: