Tuesday, September 09, 2008

On a lighter note...

I was looking through the "my documents" folder just now in preperation for the next post and I came across what could be the oddest titled file I've ever seen. The file is called "Penis trees." I'd written it when I got in one night after a conversation on the mess quiz night. The contents of the file are as follows:

There are some things that, when said, stop you from being able to say anything else. "I'm pregnant" is one of them (not, I hasten to add, something I've heard in that respect), "don't move, I've got a gun" is another. Last night the phrase was "Yeah, I've seen the penis trees!"
We (the Met and ATC guys) were at a quiz in the Sergeants' Mess, which we won, and Gemma from ATC was talking to Yvonne about driving south on the A74; Yvonne asked if Gemma had seen a certain pair of trees. Turns out that yes, Gemma had indeed seen the aforementioned interestingly shaped trees. Her fairly loud confirmation of this resounded around the bar. There wasn't much that Tom or I could say about that really, both of us were a bit dumbstruck by the announcement, although we were wondering if the fruit drooped if not plucked in time. And how would one prune a penis tree?

So there we have it. It was that sort of night...

No comments: