Sunday, September 03, 2006

Nowt much going on, so time for a post

This week I completed another unit on my NVQ that I thought I already had completed (regarding team work), saw a film, drove a bit, went to Whitby (photos to follow) and remembered something about the Mountain Rescue Team (MRT) I went out with.
Damn I loved that weekend.
Ways to tell that your group is military and not a civilian MRT:
1. The group is kitted out with the best equipment, mostly new or much loved.
2. They take "Bergans" on a "Tab" rather than "Rucksacs" on a "walk"
3. The white Landrovers have "RAF XXXX Mountain Rescue" on the side (a subtle one that)
4. Most civilian groups, when faced with an idyllic country farmhouse and stone walls scene, don't turn to each other and say, "stick a GPMG [General Purpose Machine Gun] on that wall and you could hold that farm until the cows come home!"

There are other hints, but those seemed to be the main ones.

Aside from that, I've found that Coke are doing a free songs from iTunes promotion, so with the occassional diet coke I've been taking advantage of this. Unfortunately there's a limit of 5 songs per person, which sucks somewhat considering that Kev told me when Mountain Dew did a similar thing in the states they put a 350 song limit on it. Which sounds much more reasonable, I mean I've known about it for what, 3 days? and I've only got one song left, after that, why would I buy coke instead of another brand? In case anyone's wondering (okay, I know you're not but sod it, this is my fantasy world, get your own one) the four so far are:
1. Linkin' Park and Jay-Z, Numb/Encore - very well used in Miami Vice, but possibly the best part of the film, except the guns and the cars, and the boats, and the girls. Honestly, Micheal Mann never beat "The Keep".
2. Sandi Thom, What if I'm right - I just like it
3. Israel Kamakawiwo'ole, Somewhere Over the Rainbow / What a Wonderful World - as used in many films and the subject of a campaign on radio 1 to get it released as a single. One of the few versions of this song (What a Wonderful World) that I can still listen to, it was the last song at my grandad's funeral, but that was the Louie version.
4. Eels, Mr E's Beautiful Blues - Just because really.

Lot's of lists in this post.

No comments: