Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Weather music

I’ve been thinking about weather music, or, to put it another way, music that refers to the weather. Mainly as I’ve been thinking about putting together a playlist of met songs. With a bit of google and wikipedia, I’ve found some good ones. Note the "good" bit there, it’s relative, but there will be NO sodding "raining men!" B*Witched is in for the drunken memory of the drunken rendition in the mess.
Some examples, The Orb – "Little fluffy clouds," Guns ‘N Roses "November Rain," Berri "Sunshine after the rain," Metalica "Ride the Lightning!" Jimi Hendrix "Wind cries Mary," Dylan "Blowin’ in the wind," Feeder "seven days in the sun," Rolling Stones "Get off my cloud," Len "Steal my sunshine." B*Witched "Blame it on the weatherman," (the one they made me sing in the mess!) Eurythmics "Here comes the rain again," Garbage "Only happy when it rains," Zoe "Sunshine on a rainy day," RHCP "Snow (Hey Oh)," Doors "Riders on the storm," Soundgarden’s "Black hole Sun," Bill Withers "Ain’t no sunshine," Smashmouth "Walking on the sun," "Over the rainbow" – either the Eva Cassidy or the Israel Kamakawiwo’ole versions.
So here's the thing, I think I need more. Good ones, just because a song has a reference to the weather isn't good enough, it has to be a song you would choose to listen to normally.
Suggestions please.

1 comment:

Strawberrypip said...

Good list. More? My brain has gone blank, you got the ones i immediately thought of... I shall attempt to return on this.