Monday, March 03, 2008

Isn't there something going on over the pond?

It seems to be election season doesn't it?

Dodgy results in Russia, more campaigning than you'd think sensible in the US. People on the BBC news (in the crowd I must stress) shouting "four more years!" in the UK.

So first off, am I the only one that gets annoyed when people in the UK don't know that we vote for our government at least every 5 years, not 4, although it can be sooner? Yeah probably.

As for America, I know if I was over there I'd be a democrat (well, actually I'd be a non-voting alien, but meh), but who would I vote for?

It's allowed in the US constitution for a Clinton-Clinton ticket (Bill can't be elected again, but he is allowed to be vice-pres as gaining the premiership through the sucession of the VP doesn't require a vote) and I liked Bill. I do think Mrs Clinton is more aggresively driven than her husband was.

Anyway, I'm not a fan of politicians campaigning against each other rather than for policy but I'd probably just go with the one with the best advert. Like most people.

Couldn't get the gif to save.. Apparently Mr Gaiman is amused by it. Which reminds me (see next post).

No comments: