Tuesday, August 12, 2008

P..p..p..Photo a penguin!!

I finally got off base and got to a beach where there were some penguins

Yes, I've grown a 'tash. Don't worry my fond fans, it'll go soon, but it's a tradition thing.


These are Gentoo penguins, I'm hoping to get out to another island soon to get some pictures of different types.

"It's a trap! There's three of them! RUN!!"

They are great little animals, and not the only thing we saw that day.

Don't know if you can see it but in the wave is a pod of dolphins surfing the wave on the way in.
Next time I'll have the bigger lens with me to get some better pictures but it was still a good day.

1 comment:

Richard said...

Penguins!

Though they do look like they're legging it away from you, perhaps it's the tash...

Oh, and if you didn't know, Gentoo is actually a flavour of Linux. That should cheer up some of your geekier readers (me included, naturally, though it's not my distro of choice)