Monday, June 05, 2006

Jacob's: to be absolutely knackered..

Knackered: to be tired. Jacob's as in Jacob's Cream Crackers. Rhyming slang, crackers/crackered = knackered.
Basically, I'm Jacob's.
Day shift yesterday, day shift tomorrow. Wouldn't be too bad but I didn't get to sleep until past 0415 last night and the shift starts at 0815. It's now 2254 so I'll be brief (for an explanation of the 24 hour clock, click here ) and all times are British Local, or GMT/UTC+1. Greenwich Mean Time/Universal Time Co-ordinate, also known as Zulu time, is the datum time from the meridian, but more on that later.
Shifts are 12 hours and normally fine but I just couldn't get to sleep. I tried reading for a bit, zen mind clearing exercises, the whole kit and kabodle, even that. Nowt. Eventually used the same system as I use on a night shift. "If I can't sleep, I'll at least rest my eyes and mind", and as on nights, it helps. As much as urinating into a reservoir helps to fill it.
So now I'm going back to sleep for a few hours. I'll probably edit this post at some point to make it make sense or just to make it not exist.
Oh, reason I came online. Can any of my readers (I'm hoping there's more than one) recommend a photo hosting thingy? Kev's suggested photobucket, Pip's got me on ringo but that needs hotmail/yahoo stuff. Anyone used flickr? Comments or mail will be welcome, as if I can find one that everyone can use I can put some of my piccies online.
No Beth, not like that.
Although the thighs may make an appearance....

2 comments:

Strawberrypip said...

Ringo turned out to be pretty poor really didn't it.. Sorry, i wanted to use it to keep up to date on people's details because Bebo seems to have got rid of all the phone numbers/bdays/addresses it previously had. Ringo was plugging photos however and hijacked my e-mail to tell you bout that! (Don't think i've forgotten your birthday either meladdy!)
Flickr has been recommended to me by a number of people though, so go for it!

Strawberrypip said...

B*gger, comment lost.
Let's try that again... (mutter*mutter*mutter*grr)
Sorry bout the Ringo reference, I used it to try and sort out online contact details as bebo had got bored and scrapped all references to them, however Ringo was plugging photos and hijacked my mail!
I have been recommended Flickr many times over, so go for it!